Well kids, the half birthday is almost here. That's right, THE half birthday. As in, 29 1/2. If your minds are capable of remembering back to December 2011, you'll remember I created a teeny tiny list of things to accomplish before the 2-9 rolls over to 3-0. Some items have yet to be completed, and some I absolutely blew out of the water. Here we go.
|me being all 29 and stuff.|
3. See the Rolling Stones in concert one last time. Ok, here's the deal. If this one remains unmarked, I blame Mick. Currently, there are ZERO tour dates scheduled for the Stones in North America. So, we shall see. This could change. For now, though, this one isn't looking too pretty.
5. Learn how to properly apply eye-makeup (or just make-up in general). *Insert long, exasperated sigh. I simply missed this skill at some point in my upbringing. I still have no clue what to do with all of the different eyeshadows. I do really well to properly apply mascara. So basically, I have a little over six months to figure this out. Blahhhhhh.
10. Learn to use my sewing machine. Sadly, this one remains. Don't panic. There's time. Oh, and...I'm having a girl (link gender reveal post), so I basically MUST learn. And soon.
11. Make wedding scrapbook. I'm working on it. And I'm going to level up a bit by starting the baby's scrapbook, too. Boom.
13. Run a Half-Marathon. Well, I'm no rocket scientist, but I'll go out on a limb to say this one does not happen before December 18th. Laughable, really.
16. Lose 10 pounds. BBBBBahahahaahahaha. Hilarity at its best. Rather that lose 10 pounds, I found 6. Without a doubt, by October, I will have gained many more. I'm still holding out hope to cross this one off between the months of October and December. I can do this.
17. Go to Bonnaroo 2012. Not gonna happen, dudes. Something tells me 115 degree heat indices + 6.5 months preggo + no shower for four days = DISASTER. Maybe I'll just move this one over to the 40 before 40 list.
19. Paint/Redecorate Study. First, we must replace the word "study" with the word "nursery". So, yeah....this one is in progress. There will be updates.
Before--excuse the junk. Yikes.
22. Host Awesome Pool Party. Typically this happens for Memorial Day Weekend but, because of #20, it had to be moved back a bit this year. Coming soon to a July 4th near you.
25. Take Frank to Red River Gorge. As it turns out, Frank has zero desire to ever go to the Gorge. I've tried and tried, but I'm not having much luck on this one. There's still time, I guess. Level up, Frank.
27. Have an awesome 30th Bday bash. I don't know that this will necessarily happen, but I know my 29th bday bash was pretty awesome. So, I'm totally ok if this one doesn't move off the list.
28. Make the perfect pecan pie. After seeing my 30 before 30 list, Dugi e-mailed me his very fave pecan pie recipe. He claims it's as close to perfect as one can get and, of course, one of the key ingredients is alcohol related. I planned to make it tonight, but well...I'm tired. So, maybe tomorrow.
29. Make map hearts. I wish I had a good excuse.
And last, but certainly not least...
So, here's the recap. Seventeen of the thirty items are completed. Three of the items on the list (Bonnaroo, half marathon, and the Stones) are out. And seven are in the works currently. This is doable. Six more months to go!